I was surprised this morning by a comment on my blog. frangipani nominated me for an award, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. What a nice surprise first thing in the morning!
Seriously, finding a community of caregivers that post about their experiences with their aging parents is encouraging. No two dementia patients are alike. Our journeys are all so different — yet the same. I glean inspiration and strength from their posts. Thank you for sharing.
You can read about frangipani’s experience with caring for her Mom at: Reflections on Dementia, Caregiving and Life in General. I enjoy her writing and insight into dementia. Even though she lives in Singapore, on the other side of my world, and our cultures vary dramatically, we share a common bond — our mothers are slowly leaving us through disease.
I want to thank her for reading, commenting and nominating my blog.
This is an award that we pay forward — honoring the bloggers whom we follow and who inspire us. Here are the rules:
Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
I am now suppose to share 7 facts about myself…
1. I live in the USA
2. I live in a rural town where a large Amish community resides. Horse and buggies and bicycles are their mode of transportation.
3. We have not always lived in the country. Seven years ago, my husband made a career change. After 35 years as a Certified Public Accountant, he decided to become a farmer. So much of my writing (My Days Well-Lived) has been inspired by that move.
4. I cannot remember much of my childhood. I have very few memories and that makes me sad. That is why I blog.
5. I rely on God for strength, patience, kindness and wisdom. I am thankful that He is patient with me as I am often a slow learner.
6. I come from a large family, and I have lots of support on this journey with my Mom.
7. I think this journey is far from over.
Blogs that I would like to nominate… not necessarily about dementia, but inspiring just the same:
2 thoughts on “Very Inspiring Blogger Award Nomination — Paying It Forward”
Congratulations!!!!! Well deserved! 🙂
Pingback: It’s Nice To Be Liked | Dealing with Dementia